Wednesday, April 5, 2017

The Garfield Effect

This morning I had to get my blood taken. If you didn’t just cringe and internally vomit at the thought of that then we can’t be friends because I WAS A MESS. I was panting so loud that they could hear me in the room over and shaking and whimpering. I am seriously a child when it comes to bloodwork #NoShame. Plus the doctor seemed super detached and cold which didn’t really help my mental breakdown.
So after this morning of dread and then awful trauma of having a needle stuck in my arm while I tried to fight the black spots growing in my eyes so I wouldn’t faint, I was mentally and emotionally exhausted.

I went home to get ready for work -feeling pretty much horrible- when I pulled off my sweatshirt to change and went to examine my battle wound. There, right on my arm was a Garfield band aid.

Something about it just made me burst out laughing. It made everything suddenly so funny. This serious, stoic man put a Garfield band aid on a fully grown adult, and waited to let me discover it on my own.

I guess my point is that life can suck a lot of the time, but I think we should all strive to be the Garfield band aid to someone else’s day- The Garfield Effect

2 comments:

  1. The Garfield band aid that your doctor put on your arm is fabulous! What a wonderful smile producer - and I love the positivity of your ideation of striving to be the Garfield band aid to someone else's day.

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you so much! Glad this made you as happy as this band aid made me :)

      Delete