Friday, June 26, 2015

Five Body Basics

You don’t need to be a Victoria’s Secret Angel or rocking a Calvin Klein photo shoot to be considered beautiful. I mean, I would love to sport the wings and rock the runway, but I fell a bit short in the gene pool (quite literally), so I’m just going to keep telling myself it’s because I’m American. Yes, I know some of them are American, but let me do my own thing.


Through the support of my family and friends, I have learned some of the most important basics of positive body image that EVERYONE should keep in mind every day.


It’s about health- It’s not about shedding pounds, it’s about shedding the nasty voice in your head that tells you to hate yourself. The same voice that tells you not to eat cake, and what a great evil that is.

It’s about YOU- I came up with this for my high school senior quote and I will say it again, “The day you let others define your self worth is the day you lose all of your value.” How can you light your own fire if you let others rain on it?

It’s about THEM- When someone tries to hurt you, it’s because they are insecure...it probably has nothing to do with you.

It’s about shaming- Shaming is not a good look on anybody (see what I did there?). But really, I mean slut shaming, fat shaming, thin shaming...like what is the point? Do you really want people to judge you the same way you judge them?


It’s a two part game- It is not easy by any means. The end goal is to achieve the healthiest body to the best of your ability, and have the happiest mind that you can...something you can’t achieve through starving or harming yourself.


Would I like to look like a VS Angel? Yes. Would I like the paycheck of a VS Angel? Hell yes.

But the lesson here is to never let what you think of yourself now, stop you from seeing your potential. 
Love yourself and embrace each day that you have the privilege of living, and I promise that happiness will soon follow.


Share your story or inspiration on Twitter @TheDayILived. Remember...it’s never too late to change your life around- make today that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment