Friday, July 17, 2015

4 Lessons Your Shoes Taught You


They say that you can tell a lot about a person by their shoes...but what have your shoes taught you? Here are the four lessons that you never realized you even learned and should thank your feet for.



New things are uncomfortable. Whether you just finished your first day on the job or are breaking in your new running sneakers, you are bound to experience discomfort at some point. But your new pair today could be your go-to in a month.


Change can be good. You can’t exactly wear your penny loafers to a night out drinking with the guys, or your favorite pair of slippers to a dinner party. Change is necessary and actually helps you move through life, and quite fashionably might I add.


It’s time to move on. My favorite boots are currently torn, falling apart and make me look like a hot mess. Despite my low key obsession with them, I realized that it’s probably time for them to retire and to throw new boots into the rotation. Thank you, I appreciate your condolences and am accepting donations.


One size does not fit all. Just like I am not about to shove my 7.5 into a size 4, despite what some clothing companies insist, one size does not fit all. Don’t be pressured into a size or trend that you know is not true to you. I’ve had some bad experiences with this that thankfully no one has photographed….at least I think. I hope.


Proof of the problem
Shoes are an important representation of who we are as a person. Yes, I’ll admit that I have an industrial sized box and should probably get counseling on that, 
Hi, I’m Megan and I am a shoe hoarder.
Hiiii Megan.”

But really, who knew that you were walking on life lessons this whole time? Sometimes you feel fiery but have laundry to do, so you do it in heels (or that’s just me). Other times, you would rather die than part with your moccasins that have basically molded to your foot. But whichever pair you choose, take these life lessons from your shoes- after all, they are with you every step of the way.

Questions? Comments? Favorite pair of shoes? Tweet @TheDayILived and share your style with the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment