Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Living In the In Between

Life is hard when you don’t quite fit into a classification. Kind of like how there are more genders than male and female, more styles than runway ready and “I need to leave my couch?”, and more pizza toppings than just cheese and pepperoni. Why are we forced to pick one when we can have ourselves an everything pizza with a stuffed crust? It’s a stuffed damn crust!!!


Style: Sometimes I get back from the gym and feel super powerful and athletic so I dress accordingly, rocking my Nike high socks with my hair up. Other times you’ll see me in my favorite new heels and twirling my shift dress. I get the best of both worlds..but I still won’t mix and match my dress with sneakers. That would be a tragedy.


Personality: The most important option when asking someone if they are an introvert or extrovert is ‘both’. Sometimes I will happily talk to every single person I see, even (if not especially) strangers, and other times I would prefer to ignore the world and read...or eat. Probably eat.


The pizza of my dreams
Social: I hate when people think that because I don’t want to drink every single week means that I’m boring. Sure, sometimes going out is nice, but chess is nice too. And Netflix or just even a night in with popcorn and a movie. Can you tell I’m a little hungry right now or?


Looks: I also hate when people think that beauty and quality are negatively correlated. Like if you judged olives the same way you judge people, you would never know how great they are based on their appearance..now I want olives.


This is a similar concept to “Divergent”. If you haven’t read/watched it yet…*spoiler alert*
Everyone believed that their faction was perfect and pure, being only that one thing, but who ended up saving the world to a badass soundtrack? The Divergents, those who didn’t fit any one classification, so I’m basically Triss. 
I call the real life Divergent lifestyle, living in the in between and I think it’s one of the best places to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment