Monday, August 31, 2015

Once Upon a Time...

I would like first to give a shoutout to Monica Vila for all of her support and encouragement with my blog. She is seriously amazing and you need to follow her on Twitter @TheOnlineMom.


I cared a little too much. I was worried that my hair was too crazy, that I talk a bit too much, that I get excited over things like french toast sticks and that people might think my quirks made me weird. But one beautiful day this summer, I realized that none of it matters and since then I have been perfectly, powerfully, unwaveringly happy.


“Flaws”- Flaws or...fab? I think you meant fabulous. Ya know how sometimes you laugh a little too hard at a corny joke? Someone loves that about you because it’s actually pretty adorable. Hey, some of us just have more fun than others.


Food- Yes, I generally eat healthy but it’s okay to indulge. Don’t be embarrassed when you can make a collage out of your ice cream pictures….A literal collage.


Nerd- I never understood when people say “I know this is nerdy but…” No! Let the nerd flag fly!!! It’s such a fantastic quality (and I’m not just saying that because I’m president of the nerd squad). Ask me about fitness, the fabric of time, beauty stuff, coffee or classical music and you can kiss your afternoon goodbye.


Q: So Megan, you want us to accept ourselves but when do we start? How?
A: NOW! Literally this second. If you’re wearing something you hate because it’s trending I don’t care go change. Invite me over and we can burn it together. I’ll even bring the marshmallows.


Be UNAPOLOGETICALLY yourself.
On the first date, the 30th date, with your best friends, at school, literally everywhere- be you. If being you involves laying on the ground after a long day, I’m down. If it involves donuts or binge eating bags of carrots, I’ll help you finish either.


Once upon a time, I started to love life, and so can you.

After you follow Monica, make sure to follow my account @TheDayILived and never miss a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment