Thursday, July 7, 2016

How to be Lucky

I hear all the time, “Wow you are so lucky!”  Lucky for travelling the world, for my family, for my friends, and for the incredible opportunities that I have been offered.
However, if luck did actually have anything to do with it, it’s because I chased it down, leapt on it’s back and put it in a headlock. Okay, that was rather aggressive but not entirely wrong.


I am lucky to travel because I saved since I came out of the womb to travel Europe. I am lucky to get jobs because I love talking to people and work on personal growth every day to the point that it’s almost annoying. I am lucky to do well in school because I occasionally (frequently) camp out in the library.
Is a saying I have had hanging in my room for years to remind me that I can’t just bank on Irish charms for good fortune.

I am lucky simply because I want to be, and you can be too.

No comments:

Post a Comment