Saturday, December 31, 2016

4 Ways to Master Business

I have spent the past few days hunting down internships, which has now proven to be just as stressful as applying to colleges was. While completing applications and drafting many descriptions of who I am, I started to understand a few things as to what makes someone successful in business. My pain is your gain- here are four ways to achieve your business goals.

Understand Yourself- You don’t have to do a full “Eat, Pray, Love” journey, but understanding yourself means that you know what you uniquely have to offer to an organization. An investment in yourself is an investment in your career, so take time to get to know you better.

Network- This is pretty obvious, but it’s all about who you know. It can never hurt to have a friendly reminder to always be kind to others, even if they ate your donut that you accidentally left sitting out last week.

Say no- Say no to the things that you know in your heart are not right for you. I’ve heard a lot of the times to accept anything that comes my way to get my foot in the door, which I disagree with. I’m not saying to decline things out of arrogance, but only if you are a wrong fit for them. Interviews are a two way process and moreso about matching than a one way selection.

Challenge- Challenge yourself and your surroundings. Those who know when it is appropriate to challenge the status quo and the correct way to go about it are the usually the most invaluable members of a team. These are independent thinkers and innovators who help everyone grow.

Whether you are now graduating and breaching the big bad world of business, or are already far along in the game, remember these four things to keep you excelling at every level. I wish you the very best of luck in all of your endeavours.

No comments:

Post a Comment