Monday, January 16, 2017

Beating the Winter Blues

Before we go any further, let me first make something ABUNDANTLY clear….I hate the winter.
I hate shoveling snow
I hate the ice that freezes over my car
I hate being cold
And most of all...
I hate the windburn the ferocious and freezing Montclair winds give my face


Now that the holidays (and the convenient 50 degree December) are over, I am pretty much screwed. The cold exacerbates my anemia...so I pretty much turn into a walking popsicle of a mess.


So how does one conquer the dreaded winter blues?


Think warm thoughts.
There are only 62 days and 16 hours until Spring. But I mean, who’s counting anyway?


Distract yourself
Maybe going on cool adventures will distract you from your own deafening internal screaming. Well, it really doesn’t...but it’s better than being cold at home.


Have a drink (or six)
Nothing warms you up like a nice drink. This was one of my favorites from the U.K. It almost helps me forget that my toes are numb!
Hug a bear
Step 1: Locate bear
Step 2: Hug said bear
Step 3: Get said hugged bear’s autograph
Accept
Accept that everything sucks and is cold right now, and that your section of the earth is next to uninhabitable, then find something to feel happy about.

No comments:

Post a Comment