Wednesday, November 15, 2017

7 Easy Ways to Fix Dry Skin

WINTER IS COMING AND I FEEL IT IN MY SKIN!



Anyone with dry skin knows that winter is just the worst time of the year. Your lips crack, your nose peels, and your complexion is covered in texture and redness. Dewy and radiant skin? What does that look like???


After many years of brutal misery and a dried out face, I figured out the formula to save your skin this winter and I am so excited to be able to share it. These methods should all provide nearly immediate results and the best part, it’s all sensitive skin approved!


Josie Maran
My best friend introduced this product to me and I don’t care if you think I’m being dramatic when I say that this product changed my life- because it literally did. I rub this oil into my skin after I take off my makeup and it is like drenching my face in the most comfortable moisture in the world.
Dry skin? Who the hell is she?


Sephora.com
Let’s be honest here, she’s great, but she sure as hell aint’ cheap at $16 for just 0.5 oz! So naturally, a college girl on a budget had to do some digging, and I found what is said to be the perfect dupe at a significantly lower price tag.


Ulta.com
This life saving tub of cocoa butter will lock in all of your skin’s moisture and give you long wearing comfort. I like to rub this into my skin after a shower but before I leave the little steam room I created, and it saves me that itchy dryness I will have otherwise gotten no less than ten minutes later. The best part is, you can even get it for $5.50.


You don’t even have to splurge hundreds of dollars on a humidifier to save your skin. You can find a humidifier on Amazon for under $50 and save your skin a whole lot of grief. This will also help a dry nose/throat. Just leave it on while you sleep and wake up refreshed and ready to go!


While this vegan formula isn’t so much of a remedy for dry skin, it’ll help you fake it til you make it. Spraying fine mist this post makeup application will bring your face to life, making it dewy and fresh instantly and ready to glow! (Hahah get it?)


Honey
I usually ditch my pricey face masks when my skin dries out and go back to the basics. People always roll their eyes and think this trick is weird- until they try it. Wash your face with warm (not hot water), pat dry, then apply an even layer of honey across the skin, leaving it on for 15-20 minutes before rinsing and patting dry again. Because honey is a natural humectant, it’ll draw moisture into your skin while it’s antibacterial properties zap all of the junk in your pores. Effective, inexpensive, stupidly easy, natural. You’re welcome.


Water
This is a duh, but hydration starts from the inside out, and the more water that you put into your body, the easier it will be to prevent dryness in the bitter cold. I know it’s annoying, but I’m just saying. Try putting some lemon or natural fruit flavor into your H2O if it’s “not really your thing”.

So basically, if you’re dry as a desert like me and can’t stand tight, uncomfortable and itchy skin, give some of these tricks a try. Browse through the products I linked for your convenience right now and your skin will thank you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment