Saturday, May 16, 2015

Struggles of a Pale Girl

While my friends are out in the sun turning healthy looking bronze color, I am layering spf 75 and hiding out under the umbrella. While summer is my favorite season, the sun is rather unkind to me, and I have a feeling a lot of you know exactly what I’m talking about- in which case, this article is dedicated to you.


Sunscreen- While everyone should wear it, you have that distinct odor and that awful slimy feel at any given point. Not to mention people (mom) harassing you to reapply every ten minutes. Spf 50+ is your best friend.
You act as a reflector- Don’t worry about alerting cars when you’re walking at night, your skin has that covered! And warn your friends to wear sunglasses when outside unless they fancy their retinas burned out from your shine.
Makeup- While your friends switch to their summer colors, you’re still shopping for ‘Porcelain’ and ‘Ivory’. This is not a drill people...these are the colors I ACTUALLY wear year round. Go ahead. Laugh.
pale.jpeg
Pictures- You often use the excuse that you’re just magical and that is why you glow in pictures. Use the flash and sometimes your face gets washed out in a white blur, but psh who needed to see your face anyway right? Not important.
Burning- Oh don’t even get me started. Aloe is a necessity and a supply must always be stocked up. Always.
Tanning- Um no you mean burning.
Tan/Burn Lines- Since you’re so pale, exposure to the sun for even 10 minutes can leave you trying to even out your tan lines for the rest of the summer…Which doesn’t even work.
Fake Tans- Sure they work on some people, but being so white, you end up coming out the classy shade “Oompa Loompa” and I don’t think that’s about to come into style during next year’s fashion week.
AND MY ALL TIME FAVORITE
“Oh my gosh you are so pale! Are you sick?!”- Yes. Thank you. I’m on my death bed. Thanks.
karen.jpg

I actually had a woman approach me once and ask if my parents even let me outside because of how pale I was. So I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone if these are your problems too. If you haven’t already, follow me on Twitter @TheDayILived, and check out my last article “How To Make Your Summer Not Suck” for fun ideas for you to try this summer. Just don’t forget your sunscreen!

No comments:

Post a Comment