Saturday, June 17, 2017

The 4 Worst Interview Questions

**Disclaimer: These are not drawn from my personal experiences or from anyone I have met, but the novelty of the questions themselves.

Inspired by the seemingly endless cycle of job searching and grueling interrogations- I mean interviews- here are what I have deemed the four worst interview questions:

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Um, I don’t know- probably eating quesadillas on my couch and cuddling two hypo-allergenic golden retriever puppies? Studies have proven that our little ‘five year projection plan’ is in no way, shape, or form an accurate depiction of what our life will be. If the point of this is to see goals and drive, fine. Then my goal is to not bat an eye when I’m told guac is extra for my quesadilla. I have big dreams, huge actually, but let’s start small and work our way up, shall we?

What is your dream job?
See above about quesadillas ^  Maybe throw in a lot of writing and a dog that aimlessly roams around our office and I’m happy.



What’s your biggest weakness?
Sometimes I get too scared to finish episodes of Dexter, so I have to sleep with my lights on.

While I appreciate the novelty of the question, I hardly think someone will intentionally tell you the worst parts of themselves if they’re striving to work for you. There are so many ways to ask this question but not in these words AND get the answer they actually want out of you. I deeply respect an interviewer who can get a little sneaky with their line of questioning...all ninja like- hwa hwauuuu

Can I see your references?
Of course you can. Yeah, my past three bosses will actually trash talk me, which is why I picked them...said nobody ever. I personally don’t have any former employers with negative things to say about me, but can you imagine? Oh yeah, I did work for Bob once and he hated me. Naturally I thought he was perfect for you to call.

Obviously I JOKE PEOPLE and you should always be respectful to others whether it is the interviewer, the CEO, or the janitor- but these questions themselves make me internally chuckle. Good luck on the never ending job hunt and may all of your dog related dreams come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment